RovioWrap suggestions

Coordinator
Jan 24, 2009 at 12:28 AM
Please let me know if you have any other ideas for this object.  I will be steadily adding new features as time goes on for the next few months.
Feb 19, 2009 at 8:30 PM
I have some suggestions.

1. Being able to adjust the distance an object is detected. have found it detects objects around a foot or more away and for a small area this can make Rovio go in circles. Mine has gone straight, but in tighter areas, due to the distance it detects objects will run in circle to look for a way out. Adjustable object detection distance would stop this. Also telling you the distance if possible would be great.

2.  Ajustable speeds Rovio can run at, like theRovio, from very slow to very fast would be a good feature.

3. I notice Rovios image is delayed, can this be adjusted? If not would be good.
Coordinator
Feb 25, 2009 at 3:08 AM
Excellent suggestions, denodan.  Thank you for your comments.

I am going to look at #1 (I replied to you on the RoboForum thread) to see if I can use the API of the Rovio in a different fashion.  I've already added an Issue item for this.

For #2, though I do have in the code the ability to change speeds, I haven't added it to the interfaces, so I will see if I can do that for the next release.

For #3, you are absolutely correct, my bad on that.  The image is delayed to one image every half second, I had changed that to debug to see if it would still be able to do things at a slower WiFi connection rate and never set it back!  Imaging my surprise when I changed the rate back to normal and the image capture got 20 times as fast, it was almost like looking at a full stream.  You can do it in the code yourself, if you have VS installed, by changing the timer2 rate to 10 instead of 1000.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get to this within the next week.  Stay tuned and thank you for your suggestions!